Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"A" for Effort

Okay....I am definitely not Betty Crocker! My heart is in the right place, but something is not clicking! I had a bunch of peaches and thought..."I know, I'll make freezer jam!". You would think following the directions can't be that hard, other people do it. Chuck even made a lemon run at 8:30 p.m. because I didn't have enough. I put in the diced peaches, corn syrup, lemon juice and sugar(eventhough I thought it was waaaaay too much sugar) and put the goop into jars. I did everything the directions told me too. This morning I peeked at my freezer jars and it looks like pure sugar. OKAY...WHAT DID I DO WRONG!!!! I'm afraid to try it because I might go into sugar shock. The rest of the peaches I just cut up, mixed in SOME sugar and lemon juice and threw them into freezer bags for pies (we know how the pie thing turned out last week). At least they look edible! Should I just stick to the grocery store and hang up my apron or trudge on like the pioneer I'm not!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dogmom Diva said...

You are better than me..listen, my cousin Donna does canning and freezer jam all the time..let me check with her..she can help you..your jam is actually probably just fine...it may look bad but how does it taste. Tell ya what, send me some and I will test it for you! We love jam! I give you an A+ for effort! Love u

October 2, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home