Sunday, October 5, 2008

65 and.....






Well, the big day is finally here! He turned 65!! Our neighbors surprised him by coming down the street with a flagpole and bow wrapped around it! After presenting it to him, they sang Happy Birthday in the street. Cheri made him choc. cookies w/walnuts and they all ate them. He was really surprised. I'm telling you...we have a great neighborhood! He's been almost giddy realizing that by going with this insurance company for health, he gets all these great benefits INCLUDING free membership at the Legacy Center. He can now swim, jog, use the machines, use the spa, join in different programs, etc...wait a minute...don't we have that at home (except the swimming)? It will be more fun having others to talk too and I'm sure that's a big part of it. He even talked me into a membership (except I have to pay BECAUSE I'M NOT 60 YET!). Of course, it had to rain on his birthday, so he's down. He is not an "inside the house all day" kind of guy. Kids and grandkids coming over later for conference and dinner. He's counting the days down 'til his "Snowbird" adventure in Arizona. Happy Birthday Charlie!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dogmom Diva said...

Gosh I didn't realize what day it was..sorry I missed the BIG ONE. Carl loves having Medicare, one of those things you work all your life to have, I guess. I dunno, whatever!

anyway, hope he had a good day, looks like it.

PS I am envious of your stuff. I miss my stuff..I saw your lighted pumpkin on your mantle, I miss my stuff..it's all in storage..I have had my life in storage for 4 years now, enough:(

October 5, 2008 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Boyack Family said...

Happy Birthday Pops! WOW, you've hit the big 65! I'm impressed :P We would have loved to have been there to help CELEBRATE YOU with all the family and neighbors (wow, what a place to live) We Love you and Miss you! Hope to be seeing you soon :)

October 9, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home