Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We Got SLAMMED!!!

Around 11 a.m., the wind started and then we got slammed with snow! It was beautiful and blue this morning. Of course this happened the day I had to go into the city for my skin cancer surgery. We left at noon and luckily I had my camera. Oh My Gosh!...didn't get a block away and we couldn't see anything. Stopped the car until we could see somewhat of a street or wall. Crawled our way to the freeway and then voila...clear blue skies. 22 cars on the freeway pulled over, 12 were facing us! Police, fire trucks and most of the cars were smashed in the front. 3 hrs. later...we're home and the pics tell the rest. Never a dull moment here!!! By the way...the numbing is wearing off...OUCH. Stitches come out next Tues. Word for the day...sunscreen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dogmom Diva said...

Hope you are feeling better...thats what we get for all those days at Huntington Beach, huh..

Ok, now that you have lived with snow, which is worse, white out snow, or fog? I think I would take the fog, but I don't know.

January 15, 2008 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger BoyackTidbits said...

I think they're both pretty bad. I remember fog on I-5 that scared me to death! It was really a weird feeling not being able to see anything today! Talk about not knowing your bearings! Then it was over. Poor Kelli fell in front of the house...3 hrs. later the wind blew the snow off the driveway. She's fine and my nose will be fine...someday. Beach days are so in the past for me. Hat and sunscreen are my new friends.

January 15, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home